Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
The Scaldy Detail
Following on from the 2007 edition, a new anthology has been a long time coming. But, despite the economic wind blowing, it is now here, and what better time to make it happen.
For those not familiar with the Scaldy Detail, the 2007 edition was a 108-page journal of fantastic "local" writing (http://www.elaunchpad.org/), and was launched then by Wexford playwright Billy Roche.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions are now being accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email submissions ONLY accepted.
- Closing date is Friday, September 30th, 2011. Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
- Ideally, writers should have a connection to County Wexford, OR, their work should encapsulate the County in some way.
- There is no payment for publication due to financial limitations.
- Each writer published in this edition will receive one complimentary copy.
- For fiction, excerpts, memoirs, screenplays, etc. there is a limit of one entry per writer, capped at 2000 words (or not much more!).
- For poetry, lyrics, verse, etc. there is a limit of four entries per writer.
- Enquiries can be directed to Paul O'Reilly at email@example.com.
- All writers, regardless of experience, are welcome to submit.
It is envisaged that the journal will be launched in early January, 2012, in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, at a venue to be confirmed.